First Presbyterian Church welcomes you to explore a deeper faith in Christ as you take part in the ministries here. Discover the joy and compassion we share as we:
- Worship God, and share the joys and concerns of the world;
- Learn to live Christ-centered lives at every stage of the journey
- Connect with one another and our community in a spirit of care, belonging, and accountability;
- Serve our neighbors in need near and far, helping the world to look more the way God wants;
- Invite others into a deeper faith in Christ, who leads us into the world in service by the power of the Holy Spirit
Please explore our site to get to know us and contact us to learn more. Visit us in person when you’re ready. We’re honored to have you here!
What to Expect in our Worship Services
Many people first explore the life of a church by visiting a worship service. You have several choices as you consider what might best help you connect with Christ and the congregation here.
You are welcome to dress however you feel most comfortable for any worship service. On Sunday people tend to dress somewhat formally, with many men wearing jackets and women dresses, but you would not be the only one wearing shorts in the summer or jeans throughout the year.
Sundays at 9:30 AM, Sanctuary
The 9:30 AM service features a predominantly traditional musical offering with the Pipe Organ and Sanctuary Choir, and Sunday School during worship. Childcare is available from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Communion is offered on the first Sunday of each month and baptisms are often celebrated on the second Sunday of each month.
Children and Youth Faith Building
We welcome children and youth of all ages to worship. The beginning portion of the Sunday service is planned especially to encourage families to worship together the 2nd through 5th Sunday each month (September - May). Children may stay for the entire service or go to Faith Building after the Word for Children.
- 1st Sunday of each month: children ages 3 through 4th grade will start in worship in the Sanctuary and go to Sunday School in the upstairs classrooms after the Word for Children, where we will learn about and explore the different elements of worship before returning to join our families in the Sanctuary for communion.
- 2nd-5th Sundays each month, Faith Building for ages 3 through 8th grade allows children to explore the day’s Bible story in thoughtful and age-appropriate ways and respond with conversation, activities, and often art.
- Grades 5-8 begin to tackle more difficult subjects as they discuss the issues in their lives and learn how following God can help them make good choices.
- Confirmation Class (Wednesday afternoons) is a time for 8th graders to explore their faith, learn about the Christian and Presbyterian traditions, and grow in community with one another.
- Wednesday Night Faith Building: after children have their supper, they are invited to faith building fun using the Young Children and Worship method to explore Bible stories while parents and caregivers enjoy fellowship.