First Presbyterian Church welcomes you to explore a deeper faith in Christ as you take part in the ministries here. Discover the joy and compassion we share as we:
- Worship God, and share the joys and concerns of the world;
- Learn to live Christ-centered lives at every stage of the journey
- Connect with one another and our community in a spirit of care, belonging, and accountability;
- Serve our neighbors in need near and far, helping the world to look more the way God wants;
- Invite others into a deeper faith in Christ, who leads us into the world in service by the power of the Holy Spirit
Please explore our site to get to know us and contact us to learn more. Visit us in person when you’re ready. We’re honored to have you here!
What to Expect in our Worship Services
Many people first explore the life of a church by visiting a worship service. You have several choices as you consider what might best help you connect with Christ and the congregation here.
You are welcome to dress however you feel most comfortable for any worship service. On Sunday people tend to dress somewhat formally, with many men wearing jackets and women dresses, but you would not be the only one wearing shorts in the summer or jeans throughout the year.
10:00 am, Sanctuary
Communion is offered on the first Sunday of each month and baptisms are often celebrated on the second Sunday of each month.
The Taize Service is an intimate worship experience in the beauty of the Sanctuary. From 7:00 to 7:30 pm (on Wednesdays between September and May) worship in the contemplative Taize tradition with singing, prayers, silence, scripture, and candles. The candlelight setting helps worshipers escape the pressures of their lives and connect them with the Prince of Peace.
*Part of Wednesday Night Live
We welcome children of all ages to worship every Sunday. The beginning portion of the service is planned especially to encourage families to worship together. Children may stay for the entire service or go to Faith Building or Confirmation Class after the Word for Children.
- Sunday School for ages 3 through 7th grade allows children to explore the day’s Bible story in thoughtful and age-appropriate ways and respond with conversation, activities, and often art.
- Grades 5-7 begin to tackle more difficult subjects as they discuss the issues in their lives and learn how following God can help them make good choices.
- Confirmation Class is a time for 8th graders to explore their faith, learn about the Christian and Presbyterian traditions, and grow in community with one another.
Contact Sarah Seccombe at email@example.com for questions regarding children through grade 4 and Jim Cochrane at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about children in grades 5 through 12.