How do I donate?
- Giving at First Pres is possible in a variety of ways. We accept checks, cash, credit cards, stocks or bonds.
- You can drop off cash or a check in the offering plate at one of our Sunday services.
- Donate via PayPal through the form at the bottom of the page.
- Contact Dolores Hernandez at email@example.com or by calling (224) 544-1974 to set up a recurring credit card payment.
What is First Presbyterian's Tax ID or EIN?
Our tax ID 0r EIN is 36-2167927.
I'd like to make a pledge. How would I do that?
How will my donation be used? Do you have an Annual Report?
The church’s Finance Committee, lay and pastoral leadership discern how your unrestricted gifts will be best utilized. Your donation supports the church in numerous ways including, but not limited to, operations—building maintenance, utilities and supplies—faith formation programs, music and worship needs, among others. We thank you for entrusting us with this responsibility. Please view our Annual Reports to see how your gifts impacted church life.
How do I donate to a specific fund? What are these funds?
Along with unrestricted gifts, First Pres also accepts donations to specific ministries. If you would like to give a restricted gift and would like to know specific program needs, contact one of our staff members below: General Inquiries Jan McNicholas Mission Stewart Kerr Adult Faith Formation Chip Hardwick Youth & Young Adult Faith Formation Kristie Finley Children’s Faith Formation Sarah Seccombe Music Tom Tropp
How can I check my giving record?
I'm thinking about leaving an endowment. How do I do that?
The church has created the Legacy Endowment—three special endowment funds where you can make planned gifts.
- The Ministry Fund: Income earned on this fund is used to sustain the ministries of education, worship and music; the nurture of children and youth; and faith formation for all ages.
- The Mission Fund: Income earned on this fund is used to provide seed money for new mission and to support commitments to education, evangelism, relief, and development in Lake County, Chicago, nationally and internationally.
- The Masonry Fund: Income earned on this fund is used to maintain the beautiful sanctuary and the various facilities of First Church, and enhance the campus for generations to come.
You may choose to make a gift of cash, securities (marketable or unmarketable, appreciated or those with a loss), charitable gift annuities, insurance proceeds or other real or personal property, Individual Retirement Accounts (for a limited period) and your estate will receive a tax deduction in the amount of your charitable request. In all cases, you should consult with your personal tax and legal advisors to insure that you plan and draft your Legacy Endowment language carefully, considering your personal goals and individual circumstances, so as to maximize the benefits to you. The church has a simple Gift Agreement which allows you to give and the church to receive your gifts. Donors are encouraged to place a minimum of restrictions on gifts, however donor restrictions may be considered by the Session. If you would like to learn more about the Legacy Endowment Funds please contact Jan McNicholas.
Where can I read testimonies that were done during worship?
If you would like to read members’ testimonies that were done during worship services, please click on the member’s names below. Wendy Darling – Sept. 25, 2016 Martha Zeeman – Oct. 2, 2016 Nina Strnad – Oct. 9, 2016