Wednesday, October 2: Confucianism by Dr. Cathy Benton
Pastor Chip Hardwick is facilitating an evening group exploring other religions, such as Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism. Participants will use a book (Stephen Prothero’s God is Not One) to learn about other faiths in a way that will strengthen our faith in Christ. Some sessions might include guest speakers from the other faith traditions. We will meet from 7:00 to 8:00 PM in the South Parlor. There is no need to RSVP; books will be available for purchase beginning in the meetings. The course will run through November 13; feel free to come as often as you are able.
Questions? Contact Chip at 224-544-1963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Speakers:
- October 9: Hinduism/Anand Upadhyay, Chapter 4
- October 16: Buddhism/Carl Jerome, Chapter 5
- October 23: Daoism/Dr. Cathy Benton, Chapter 8
- October 30: Yoruba/Chip Hardwick, Chapter 6
- November 6: Judaism/Rabbi Evan Moffic, Chapter 7
- November 13: Atheism/Chip Hardwick, Chapter 9