A part-time (approximately 8 to 10 hours per week) Technical Arts Coordinator is being sought to operate and maintain all theatrical technology systems of the church, including sound, lighting, video, and projection. The Technical Arts Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Music and Arts to ensure that all worship needs are met, as well as with the Director of Business Operations to coordinate all other church events. The Technical Arts Coordinator will also recruit, train, and supervise volunteer and paid technicians.
- Develop and prepare operational and maintenance procedures for Sanctuary sound, video and lighting systems.
- Manage, maintain, and provide documentation for fixed and portable audio/visual systems within the church.
- Attend weekly building planning meetings with the Director of Business Operations to remain aware of and prepare for upcoming events.
- Manage, maintain, and provide support for all A/V presentation equipment.
- Develop and administer procedures for special event use of technical systems.
- Submit purchase and budget requests as needed to the Director of Music and Arts for approval.
- Recruit, train, and schedule staff and volunteer Technical Arts Ministry participants.
- In conjunction with the Director of Communications, develop and implement procedures for posting service audio and video on the church web site and/or social media sites.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Technical Arts Coordinator reports to the Director of Music and Arts, who provides regular and annual performance reviews. It is expected that the Technical Arts Coordinator will work as a member of the overall staff team toward the effective and faithful ministry of the church.
- Expertise in theatrical technical systems, including lighting, sound, and video
- Ability to both teach and supervise in a thorough and loving manner
- Ease, caring, and interest in personal relationships
- Team player, accessible, able to deal openly with others