Caring for Each Other
As new cases of Coronavirus continues to be diagnosed in Chicagoland, we want you to be aware of the steps we are taking to ensure our church and community continues to be as safe and healthy a place as possible.
Actions we are taking around the church
Regularly disinfecting all high-touch surfaces, including doorknobs, handrails, tabletops, and pews.
- Making hand sanitizers readily available throughout the church.
- Asking people to refrain from touching. As you greet one another around church and in worship, we ask that you refrain from shaking hands or hugging one another.
- Celebrating communion with individual cups for both bread and juice. Preparation will be done with gloves and on sanitized surface.
- First Pres programming suspended
Wednesday Night Suppers will be suspended until September.
- Wednesday Lenten Breakfasts are canceled.
- Hymnals and Bibles will be removed from the Sanctuary, and content will be put in the Sunday bulletins.
- Rummage Drop-offs and Sorting have been suspended.
- The May Rummage Sale has been postponed. Details to follow.
- The Hospitality Desk will be closed until further notice. All calls between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM will be answered by staff.
- Bell Choirs’ Rehearsals are suspended.
- Exposed food will no longer be served on Sundays and weekdays. Coffee, tea, and water will continue to be available.
We need your help!
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly; sanitizer is available throughout the church.
- Refrain from touching, such as shaking hands or hugging. Welcome one another with a nod and a smile and warm words of encouragement.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill or have a fever. If you are over 70 or have an underlying health condition, we encourage you to think hard about your exposure in public settings.
- If you have a fever, call or email Pastor Kristie at 224.544.1967 or email@example.com.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, please let us know immediately.
In the days ahead…
- Join us in praying. Pray for patients, doctors, nurses, clergy, and public health officials. Pray for our leaders. Prayer connects us to God’s power, comfort, and peace.
- We are stepping up our Prayer Ministries. Check out our website, firstchurchlf.org, in the next week for prayer resources and ways to connect with your pastors.
- Practice being a good neighbor. Wash your hands. Stay home if you’re sick. Encourage each other. Show compassion.
- Communicate. If you or someone you know is currently in self-quarantine or ill, please let us know!