First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff. The individual would serve as the executive and trusted assistant to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff by providing high-level support in a wide range of administrative activities.
This individual will be primarily responsible for supporting the duties and activities of Senior Pastor/Head of Staff including managing timely, sensitive and confidential matters vital to the congregation. Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee and maintain the Senior Pastor’s calendar, Dropbox and expense reports
- Aid in preparation for meetings and events through the production of documents, handouts, reminders as requested by Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
- Work with the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff and Clerk of Session, ensure proactive maintenance of agenda, time table, communication and strategy related to the work of the Session
- Coordinate all congregational care with the Pastoral Staff, Deacons and members of Staff. This includes but not limited to funerals, weddings, births and homebound or illness. Providing consistent and timely follow up with members and staff
- Upload weekly sermons and worship information to First Church’s website
- Provide administrative support in the areas of ACS management, calendar, formal church records, transcription, and communication to Chancel Guild regarding needs for weddings/funerals, etc.
- Assist Senior Pastor/Head of Staff with clerical support by typing ministry and church-related correspondence, reports, minutes, etc.
- Manage, oversee, and implement necessary plans of action when needed during the absence of pastor(s)
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Executive Assistant is accountable to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff. It is expected that Executive Assistant will work as a member of the overall staff team toward an effective and faithful ministry of the church.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of ACS Client Software is desirable; and/or willingness to be trained
- Team player with high integrity, patience, positive attitude, self-motivated and solution seeker
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Capacity to respond to people’s needs from a faith-based perspective
- Awareness and understanding of the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff communities
First Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
First Presbyterian Church is seeking to fill this integral staff position immediately. Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered:
Director of Business Operations
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest
700 N. Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE