First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest is joyfully seeking to add a part-time (20 hours per week, 12-month contract) Worship Team Leader position to provide musical leadership for our newly instituted casual and intergenerational worship service. In collaboration with the pastoral and program staff, the Worship Team Leader will plan the music, lead rehearsals with the contemporary music ensemble, and lead the ensemble during weekly worship services.
- Participate as a member of the worship staff to develop the orders of service for the Sunday worship services
- In consultation with the Director of Music and preaching pastor, select, arrange, and prepare all music for the 9:00 weekly worship service
- Recruit, train, and empower musicians (paid and volunteer) to carry out weekly needs of worship service and prepare for future needs
- Schedule and direct weekly rehearsal with worship ensemble and provide leadership during Sunday morning worship services
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Worship Team Leader reports to the Director of Music and Arts. The Worship Team Leader will work as a member of the overall staff team toward the effective and faithful ministry of the church.
- Excellent musical and technical ability as well as the ability to lead other musicians toward that end
- A degree in music is preferred, or equivalent experience, with a focus music in worship, music education, or commercial music
- At least three years’ experience leading church music in eclectic and contemporary musical styles
- Familiarity with a wide range of Christian music and ability to shape creative and meaningful worship through music
- Strong, Christ-centered personal spirituality and a passion for worship
- Desire and ability to develop strong staff and congregational relationships
- Ability to engage and connect with an intergenerational congregation and invite participation in worship
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team (including staff, ensemble members, church members) in planning and executing worship service
First Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary, paid vacation, and study allowance.
Screening of candidates will start immediately to fill this professional staff position effective July 1, 2022. Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered. Videos and references will be requested at a later date.
Director of Business Operations
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest
700 N. Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
REFERENCES WILL BE REQUIRED