The Financial Associate works closely with the Financial Accounting Manager in the Business Office and has the main responsibilities of preparing deposits, disbursing payments, daily recording of all accounts payable and reporting, and processing quarterly member financial statements. This position is the primary point person on credit card transactions for both expenses and contributions. The Financial Associate reports directly to the Director of Business Operations.
- Supervise volunteers (as available) for weekly collection counting
- Verify and reconcile contribution reports with Access ACS database while also posting weekly contributions. Maintain contribution database to ensure weekly funds are balanced with the general ledger. Provide weekly reports on gifts/foundations including during annual Stewardship campaign.
- Enter Stewardship pledges into ACS software and prepare letters of acknowledgement
- Process recurring credit card transactions in QuickBooks/Intuit
- Manage PayPal donations made through website for contributions and church events
- Prepare and make deposits for all church accounts, including the church operating account as well as additional church constituencies (Preschool, Mission, and Rummage)
- Process church invoices and checks for Church, Preschool, Mission and Rummage
- Prepare invoices for payables and appropriate General Ledger account coding
- Work with vendors to resolve questions/payment issue
- Prepare monthly contributions reports and send quarterly member financial statements
- Respond promptly to congregation members’ communication and inquiries
- Process the Church’s credit card statements after verifying expenses accounts and receipts from staff members. Input data into Excel spreadsheet report files
- Manage reservations for the annual All Church Auction fundraising event. Work closely with Auction Committee in coordinating credit card processes along with the GiveSmart platform. Reconcile and report financial results to committee after completion of event.
- Work closely with the leadership of Rummage for both fall and spring sales. Provide expert guidance and manage credit card processes and cash needs day of sale. Reconcile proceeds of sales and provide reports after completion of events.
- Collaborates with Rummage Committee reporting expenses owed to church along with check requests for Rummage part time personnel.
- Work year round with Preschool Treasurer and Director of Preschool to prepare disbursements and deposits, including processing credit cards for tuition payments and fundraising events.
- Collaborates with Preschool Treasurer and Director of Preschool reporting expenses owed to church
- Maintain reports of contributions throughout the year in preparation for annual audit. Provide other expense report summaries and special reports as requested by the external auditor
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Business Operations
- Maintain current mailing records for the annual Stewardship campaign
- Attend weekly staff meetings and occasional Stewardship, Mission and Rummage Committee meetings
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Financial Associate is accountable to the Director of Business Operations. It is expected that the Financial Associate will work as a member of the overall staff team toward an effective and faithful ministry of the church.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent experience
- Preferred experience in ACS Software and in financial applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially in Excel
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills
- Takes initiative in all areas of work responsibilities
- Team player with high integrity, patience, positive attitude, self-motivated and solution seeker
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Capacity to respond to people’s needs from a faith-based perspective
- Church experience is preferable but not required
First Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
First Presbyterian Church is seeking to fill this integral staff position immediately. Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered:
Director of Business Operations
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest
700 N. Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE