First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Faith Formation. This individual would work closely with the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff and the CFF Committee to develop, implement and manage the vision and leadership to form the faith of our children (birth through grade 4) and their parents, assisting with worship and pastoral care as requested by the Head of Staff. The position requires high organizational and interpersonal skills as this individual will interact with church committees, the congregation and the wider community.
This individual will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing faithful programming for children and their parents. This person must offer a strong and positive presence on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, interacting with children, families, and volunteers; and teaching as needed.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborate with the Faith Formation Team (Associate Pastor, Director of Youth Faith Formation and the Director of First Presbyterian Preschool) to create programs, annual events and worship that is relevant and accessible to families’ lives.
- Serve as a church liaison to the Preschool Parent Board, inviting families into the life of the church; teach weekly faith building to preschool classes.
- Work cooperatively with, and as a resource to, the Children’s Faith Formation Committee: ensuring all CFF efforts are structured to bring children into a more faithful relationship with God; inviting people into the work of CFF, equipping them to serve to the best of their ability; selecting and evaluating curriculum; administering to the CFF budget evaluating facility needs; creating programs as needed; equipping the family to serve as primary faith educators.
- Coordinate faith formation programming for ages Preschool-grade 4 including but not limited to: Sunday morning and Wednesday evening faith formation classes; Vacation Bible School; and special events.
- Communicate regularly regarding programs and activities of CFF using church website, social media, handouts/postcards and other communication tools.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Director of Children’s Faith Formation is accountable to the Head of Staff and the Associate Pastor for Faith Formation. It is expected that the Director of Children’s Faith Formation will work collaboratively as a member of the staff team toward an effective and faithful ministry of the church.
- Be confident in their role in the church and secure in their own faith journey
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with Christian education materials and strategies for children and their families
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially in Word and Excel
- A team player who exhibits integrity, patience, a positive attitude, enthusiastic problem-solving skills and is self-motivated
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Capacity to respond to people’s needs from a faith-based perspective
- Appreciation for the traditions of the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff communities
First Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
First Presbyterian Church is seeking to fill this integral staff position immediately. Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered:
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest
700 N. Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE