First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest is seeking a Director of Children’s Faith Formation. The individual would work closely staff and the CFF Committee; develops, implements and manages the vision and leadership to form the faith of our children (birth through grade 4) and parents, assist with worship and pastoral care as requested. The position requires high organizational and interpersonal skills as this individual will interact with committees, congregation and local communities.
This individual will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing faithful programming for children and their parents. This person must offer a strong and positive presence on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, interacting with children, families, and volunteers; teach as needed.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborate with the Faith Formation Team (Associate Pastor, Director of Youth Faith Formation and the Director of First Presbyterian Preschool) to create programs, annual events and worship that is relevant and accessible to families’ lives.
- Serve as a church liaison to the Preschool Parent Board, inviting families into the life of the church; teach faith building to preschool classes as needed.
- Work cooperatively with, and as a resource to, the Children’s Faith Formation Committee: ensuring all CFF efforts are structured to bring children into a more faithful relationship with God; inviting people into the work of CFF, equipping them to serve to the best of their ability; selecting and evaluating curriculum; administering to the CFF budget; evaluating facility needs; creating programs as needed; equipping the family to serve as primary faith educators.
- Coordinate weekly faith formation programming for ages Preschool-grade 4
- Plan annual Vacation Bible School
- Communicate regularly with partners in ministry and the congregation regarding programs and activities of CFF using church website, social media, email, handouts/postcards and other media
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Director of Children’s Faith Formation is accountable the Associate Pastor of Faith Formation. It is expected that the Director of Children’s Faith Formation will work as a member of the overall staff team toward an effective and faithful ministry of the church.
- Be confident in their role in the church and secure in their own faith journey
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with Christian education materials and strategies for children and their families
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially in Word and Excel
- Team player with high integrity, patience, positive attitude, self-motivated and solution seeker
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Capacity to respond to people’s needs from a faith-based perspective
- Awareness and understanding of the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff communities
First Presbyterian Church offers a competitive salary as well as full benefits for full time employees.
First Presbyterian Church is seeking to fill this integral staff position immediately. Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered:
Director of Business Operations
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest
700 N. Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE