December 3, 2017
“Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful; by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” 1 Cor. 1:3,9
This Sunday we…
…talked about words that bless. Grace-filled words are kind words. Paul uses kind words in his letter to remind the Corinthians of God’s gift of grace – God’s everlasting love and forgiveness. Paul writes these words to people who were not being kind to one another. The grace of Jesus Christ is the cause of a new kind of community.
Conversation Starters for the Week…
- In what ways can we remind other people of God’s loving grace?
- What might we do or say to bless other people with God’s love?
- What are kind words? What are unkind words?
- Who encourages you with kind words?
- When have you experienced the power of unkind words?
- Who can you encourage with kind words?