April 15, 2018
From Wonder to Witness
“They were startled and terrified, and thought that they were seeing a ghost…Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures…” Luke 24: 37, 45
This Sunday we…
…heard about Jesus appearing to his disciples after his death and resurrection. Jesus’ visit has a twofold agenda: to enlighten the disciples about the Christ and to commission them for the preaching of the gospel.
Conversation Starters for the Week…
- When have you been surprised to see someone?
- I wonder how the disciples felt when Jesus first appeared?
- How might you feel if you were one of the disciples?
- If you were one of the disciples there that day, what would you ask Jesus?
- How can you be like one of Jesus’ disciples and spread the word of God?