On Sunday mornings during the program year, we hold a Christian Education Hour for all ages between worship services. For Adults, we offer an ongoing introduction to the Bible called Bible 101, with each semester studying some major section of the Bible. Additional classes are held on Sunday mornings that cover some area of Christian life, and once a month, we gather for Christian Perspectives—an opportunity to discuss some event or issue around the world from a Christian perspective.
Bible 101: Starts its winter/spring session Jan. 10 at 10:15 a.m. This session, we are studying the Gospel of Luke.
Large Group Discussions
We invite you to join our Large Group Discussion, which are ongoing throughout the year.
- Women’s Wednesday Worship: meets on Wednesdays at 9:45 a.m. in the Parlor.
- Men’s Bible Study/Prayer Group: meets on Fridays at 7 a.m. in the Parlor.
- Men’s Discussion Group: meets every other Sunday at 7:45 a.m. in the Parish House.
- New this year, Steadfast Hope: The Palestinian Quest for Just Peace—starts on Oct. 16.
For more information about these discussion groups please contact David Bianchin.
We develop and provide study guides throughout the program year that are paired with the Sunday preaching series. These guides are useful for individuals and small groups for study, reflection and application of the sermons. They can be downloaded or picked up at the church.
We invite you to join small groups that meet throughout the year at various times and locations. In small groups we learn, grow and serve together. While groups often follow the Sunday preaching series, they also study other topics.
We also have several small groups meeting during Lent. Groups will study the sermon texts for each week. This is a wonderful way to deepen your Lenten season and to experience a small group.
Small Group Schedule
- Tuesdays at 9:15 a.m. in the Parish House (women only)
- Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Lake Forest Beach’s middle shelter (June 7 – July 31)
- Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. in the Parish House (not meeting during the summer)
- Wednesdays at 11:15 a.m. in the Parish House (Lent – Feb. 24; March 2, 9, 16 and 23; beginning April 13, 2nd and 4th Wednesdays)
- Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Parish House (for women during Lent)
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. in the Parish House (begins in March)
- Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. in the Parlor (only during Lent)
If you would like to join or lead a small group, please fill out this form.
Family Fun Night
Connect with friends and neighbors as we enjoy supper and a fun evening together during our monthly Family Fun Night. Each month will be filled with surprises!
Next gathering: TBD.
Suggested donation of $10/family to help cover dinner costs.
For more info or to RSVP, click here or contact Sarah Seccombe.